Monday, 19 March 2012
peanut butter sloice
This here is my
Peanut Butter Sloice
which I adapted from Epicurious. Meyles wolfed down a goodly few chunks of this before it even cooled down.
I made this to put in our lunches this week, but I don't know if it'll last, quite frankly.
If you make this, let me know how you enjoyed it.
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup puffed rice
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
2/3 cup chopped mixed nuts
1 tbsp glace cherries
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp marmalade
1. Put oven on 180, and line a baking tin with oiled foil
2. In food processor, blitz peanut butter, sugar, butter, egg, vanilla.
3. Add flour and baking powder and blitz
4. Add puffed rice and pulse till just combined.
5. Press out dough into lined baking tin
6. In a small bowl combined nuts, cherries, honey, marmalade. Dollop mixture over the top of the slice, and gently spread.
7. Bake 30 minutes, then cool completely before slicing (if you can wait that long)