Saturday 5 November 2011

eat less, move more: check-in 2


I’m a loser, folks.  Yes I am.  1.2 kilos down, another 6.8 to go!  I have also lost 8cm off my bust, waist, hips and thighs. 
  
Support

I’m also very glad to have two loser friends who share my quest:

1.  PR, who’s goals are to be fitter by forty, losing 5 big ones, 20 pushups and fit back into her ‘magic pants’
2.  Reven (my big bro) who wants to avoid ‘grabbing and snacking’ between meals

It’s wonderful to have the online public support of other losers (used in the appropriate sense of the word) to make this eat-less-move-move initiative both fun and successful.  Fun, because there are others who can share their knowledge and experience; and successful, because we will also provide a gentle accountability for each other just by doing this together.

What I’ve Done This Week

Exercised 6 out of 7 days for at least 45 minutes each time.  Exercise has been walking, a session of yogalates (yoga + pilates), and a 1.5 hour bikeride, during which I felt every bump, and pothole like it was a crater.  Oh my poor butt.   

I also registered with CalorieKing.com.au (free) to get an idea of my suggested calorie intake and portion control and the split of calories between fat, carbs and protein.  This has been most helpful.

Challenges

Overeating.  Especially when we went out for tea Wednesday night.  I was hungry.  I ordered beef & veg stirfry and then tried not to eat all of the delicious noodles with beef & veg.  I ate too many smarties with coffee at the end.  Still, it could’ve been worse, and Thursday was another day.  I have also had a few hunger headaches which I manage by eating something wise (most of the time).  

Tips on Snacking

Reven, you wondered about ideas on avoiding ‘grabbing and snacking’.  I blogged on that topic here but would love further comments and suggestions of any lurking losers out there who would like to contribute their ideas.  Me?  Make your snacks protein based – nuts, for example.

It’s Not Too Late

If you feel like you’re missing out not joining in, then it’s never too late to start the eat-less-move-more challenge.  You can still jump in and let us all know what your goal/s are and how you are going to do it.  You too can be a loser!

Comments

Anyone is encouraged to contribute to this conversation – loser or not.  Jump in!  Click on comment and wax lyrical!

No comments:

Post a Comment