Thursday 29 December 2011

the day after the week before


The bathroom scales
Got to get back on track with my health goals.  I’m still too scared to get on the scales since last Friday when I had lost 3.6 kilos towards my overall goal of 8.   Within a day or so I will be brave enough.   Perhaps.
  
After the tsunami of Christmas treats, pies, rocky road, cake and slice, I can’t wait to get back to good, fresh, Meyles-garden stuff.  

Here’s an example:


Zucchini Cakes With Tzatziki & Fresh Garden Salad
Here we have my fabulous zucchini cakes made with a couple of zucchinis, spring onion, cottage cheese, herbs and cumin.  These are very tasty and go beautifully with the tsatziki (a couple of cucumbers blitzed with greek yoghurt, S&P, cumin.  All served with fresh garden salad and salmon, this made a beautifully satisfying and fresh lunch which gives energy and doesn’t make me feel tired afterwards.

Pickled Cucumber
Yesterday we picked yet another dozen cucumbers.  After giving away a few dozen of these babies, I decided to have a crack at pickling some.  We love the little gherkins you get in a jar from the supermarket.  So let’s hope they turn out something like that.  These have to wait a week before the pickling process does its work before we can taste them.





Peppermint Tea
Finished off with peppermint tea – also grown in our garden.  This can be made using fresh or dried peppermint.  It is the best peppermint tea I’ve ever had – 100 times better than any of that shop-bought rubbish.


Eat well, live long!


No comments:

Post a Comment