Thursday 2 June 2011

confession of a once coffee-snob

I love coffee.  Hot.  Strong.  Long blacks (with milk on the side).  I love cappuccinos.  I love the aroma of coffee.  I like that wave of delicious flavour that you breathe in when you smell coffee brewing.  I love coffee with attitude – edgy in strength, but smooth.  I love the buzz.  The ritual.  The social aspect.  

Unfortunately, I have arrived at an all-time low.  Yes folks, this is a confession – a very sorry state of affairs indeed, an un-enviable position to be in, a shame and I’m sorry to have to tell you this.  How much worse can things get?  But the sad and honest truth is, that...

For 2 days in a row now

I have voluntarily, yes by choice, drunk a cup (pause... breathe deeply) of (another pause....) Nescafe. Instant. Coffee.

(Pause to collect myself.)

There’s more....

As there’s been no milk left in the fridge at work, I have been forced to drink it black.  Not even any milk to disguise the flavour!    Somehow the milk acts like a kind of denial-switch.  And without milk, I am ashamed, humiliated and feel the need to confess this sorry state of affairs.

So.  Just call me an ex-coffee snob!  So much for the long blacks.  Sniff.  So.  There you have it.  How has this happened?  How could I sink so low?  

What would you recommend or prescribe?

1 comment:

  1. Better head accross the road to "Sweet Poison"; or even Maccas. 3 times a day, continue till symptoms ease. Do you need a second opinion?

    ReplyDelete